SHEFFIELD 2016 PILGRIMAGE
This will be the 8th annual pilgrimage. It will be on Saturday, 15 October in Darnall, one of the most ethnically diverse wards in the City. As usual, we shall visit a variety of inspiring projects, which are mostly church-related. Please wear stout shoes and bring waterproof, water bottle and a packed lunch.
We assemble at 9 am – 9.30 am at Christ Church, Station Road, Darnall, Sheffield, S9 4QB. This is accessible by train to Darnall Station or by bus 52 or 52A from Arundel Gate (bus stop AG2). There is parking near the church. We shall begin with a short service in Christ Church.
From there we shall visit:
- The Community Allotment on the edge of High Hazels Park.
- Living Waters Christian Fellowship and Food Bank.
- St Alban’s Church and Family Development Project. Here we shall have lunch – please bring water and a packed lunch.
- Galeed House – a multi-cultural community project with activities for families and children and an emphasis on friendship between Christians and Muslims.
- Return to Christ Church, Darnall for final reflections. Disperse around 3pm.
Please come and join us. If you would like to join the pilgrimage or wish for more information, please contact Briony Broome on email@example.com.